Happy Tuesday gorgeous! How has the start of your week been going? Although I am deviating a bit from what I want to talk about today, I do have to share what I recently tried…and have absolutely loved! This morning, I had my 2nd Pilates training session and I cannot wait for the 3rd next week! I am in the process of changing up my workouts a bit and feel this would be such an added benefit! More on this to come – promise! Okay, so now let’s talk about one of my favorites, COFFEE! P.S. If you want to get the LIVE scoop, check out my “Let’s Brew Tonight” on the Shop Lit Live app at 4:30 pm EST.
Here are some of my go-to items to brew the perfect pour over, and keep it piping hot too! With the Holiday’s right around the corner, these would be some PERFECT gifts for the coffee aficionado in your life.
Let’s Brew Tonight
Stagg Electric Pour Over Kettle: Talk about a work of art! Although my version was a Nordstrom exclusive, there are 8 different colors from which you can choose to go with your kitchen decor. If you are new to the pour over kettle, here are some easy instructions on how to work this beauty! A huge thank you to Stagg for the details!
- Push the main button to turn on the kettle
- On the back, you have 2 buttons – one for degrees in Farenheit or Celsius and then a hold option.
- The hold option means the kettle will maintain the desired temperature. If the hold button is off, it will stay at the temperature for 5 minutes, stop heating, and go into standby mode for 15 minutes.
- Twist the main button for desired temperature; ideally, for coffee, you want anywhere from “195-205.” I actually use the highest setting of “212” which is ideal for tea as well as to clean the kettle. The manual will provide optimal temperatures for all of your favorite brews. FYI: Water temperature is critical!
- The digital reader will show the set temperature, as well as the heating process.
- There is also a built in brew stop watch that will give you the precise timing. A full pour over of 12 oz. should take anywhere from 3-4 minutes.
Stagg Mighty Small Pour-Over Set: Another Nordstrom exclusive, this pour over set has a little added pizazz with its handled glass carafe and steep slope, vacuum insulated body for the perfect continuous slow pour. Made of glass, stainless steel, and silicone, the carafe is microwave and dishwasher safe (bonus!), and it comes with a ratio measurer so you can add the precise amount of coffee depending on ounces of water. Again, another huge thank you to Stagg for the verbiage!
- For 10 ounces of water, fill coffee to 1st dot (20 grams); for 20 ounces of water, fill coffee to 2nd dot (40 grams).
- Place filter in dripper; pour hot water to fully wet filter and warm dripper. Make sure to empty carafe.
- Using the ratio aid funnel, dump your coffee grinds into the dripper and shake lightly.
- The bloom is key! Start pouring at the center of your dripper and work your way out to the sides.
- Pour 2x the amount of water of coffee that you use. Wait 30 seconds for coffee to bloom and release CO2.
- Continue pouring evenly, starting at the center and working outward in a circular path. Stop once it reaches 10 or 20 oz.
- Another bonus – it comes with their own filters!
BODUM Pour Over: Just as it states on the packaging, “maximum taste, zero waste.” If you are looking for the perfect, single serve pour over, and even want to travel with it, this is an excellent solution. What I love is that it has a reusable cone filter so you don’t have to mess with paper filters. Even better – the coffee mug and dripper are dishwasher safe, and the coffee mug can go in the microwave.
Ember Mug 2 (14 oz): The first temperature controlled mug via your smartphone, this will be a game changer to your coffee game.
- On a full charge, coffee (or beverage of choice) can stay hot for up to 80 minutes. It will stay hot all day if it stays on the charging coaster.
- While the app is ideal, you can use without it; the mug will remember the last temperature.
- On the app you will be given a handful of various options for temperature presets. In addition, you can customize to change LED color.
Hope you enjoy and will join me this evening for “Let’s Brew Tonight!”
Disclosure: While all thoughts and opinions are my own, this post contains some affiliate links in which I may be compensated (at not cost to you). This compensation helps with keeping my blog up and running, and creating amazing content to share! I cannot thank you enough for your support, feedback, and following! You are the best!